Friday, July 25, 2008

There's Disney, Lego, and NOW YOGURTLAND!

Okay, so you're thinking, "What does Disneyland, and Legoland have to do with Yogurtland?" Well, it is now one of my favorite, all time (nutritional) amusement places to visit! Last week, my friend Denise introduced me to Yogurtland, which basically is a yogurt shop where YOU get to fill these tiny buckets up with different flavors of yogurt. Everything from Taro, peach, Cookies and Cream, Peanut Butter, Blueberry, Mango, etc.! Talk about sweet tooth overload! Then after filling your little bucket up, you head over to the condiment bar where you pile on the nuts, toppings, fruit, etc. to you heart's content! From there, they weigh your new found creation, and after damages (about 4 bucks), you sit down and enjoy your heavenly yogurt bliss. And OH YES, it IS heavenly! Dare I say, I'm an addict? Thank goodness I went for that two hour bike ride yesterday afternoon, whew!

This all came about because our good friend Pam (my cover girl on my wedding website splash page) was in town visiting from Las Vegas. It was so nice to see her again and her little bun in the oven (yes, she's half way through her gestation - that sounds weird to me). We had dinner at one of our favorite Little Tokyo haunts, Mr. Ramen (SUPERB food BTW, plus the owner is one cool guy who loves reggae, so he has it in the background while you enjoy your meal). Joining us was our friends Lane and Akiko, and later in the evening, Contrary Mary herself, gearing up for yet another night of Karaoke with Helen (Some things never change).

So here's a few photos from last night, sans moi cause I'm always taking the photographs:


The Yogurtland Gang - (L-R) Akiko, Lane, Helen, and Contrary Mary, Denise.
See the buckets?


Helen and Denise in front of yogurt utopia - Yogurtland!
I love Helen's "cheese" expression


This is our friend Lane. I know he'll hate me for this, BUT, ladies, he's single, he CAN dance (quite well), is a budding chef, and has a steady job. Did I mention he's single? Plus, despite being Japanese-American, he looks Filipino (like moi) which is another plus!
He gets the paparazzi in his face a lot, hence the "please, no photos" expression and hand gestures.


So that's it for last night's outing! Well, that and a few hundred more unneeded calories, but I'm working out today, so hopefully, it'll be gone (yeah right).

I'm shooting tons this weekend BTW, just got hired by Eventworks.com to do a two day stint at the Biltmore Hotel in downtown L.A., along with a reception I'm shooting tomorrow! Good times!!!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: