Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Man, I GREW UP in the 80's!!!

Yes, as the title of this post implies, I was a child of the 80's. The 1980's. It was a decade of the Los Angeles Olympic games, my first real girlfriend, graduating from high school, getting a scooter to get around L.A. with, and heck, even starting college happened in the 80's for me. It was an era of Michael Jackson, MTV's birth, and Reaganomics. Ah, what a decade... I do miss those days. Gas was under a dollar, and my family and I were driving around in this cool orange Toyota Corolla. Memories, like the corners of my mind.

Okay, enough reminiscing for now.

The reason I bring all this up is because I was asked to photograph for my friend Jenny these past two days for the company she works for - Eventworks. They do major event planning, and they needed coverage of their events happening at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel. These guys are top notch and spare no expense when it comes to events. Plus, not having worked with Jenny before, it was great to see her "large and in charge" - seriously! She was awesome to work for/with! You rock Jenny! And thanks for inviting me to the events :)

Here are three photos from Sunday and Monday's events. You'll see why I reminisced about the 80's in the second photo:

Living in L.A., we always get to see Marilyn Monroe and Charlie Chaplin hanging around at events. Don't these guys ever age?!!!


It's not even funny how big of a Prince fan I am, but to have him stand next to Cyndi Lauper and Boy George in full 80's gear?!!! That's BITCHIN' DUDE!!!


And as for Eventworks? This is how they ROLL!!!

Oh, and if the decorations weren't enough for Monday's event (not pictured) they even had Hall & Oates perform for the guests! I should have stayed and got my Hall and Oates on! Sadly I had to leave though cause I was hungry :(

Alrightee then. That was my weekend. You gotta love L.A. Now the countdown begins to Kevin and Tina's wedding on the 16th of August - woo hoo!!! Can you believe it's almost August already?

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: