Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Night Out at the Miyako

Yes, as the subject heading reads, the improv group I belong to (Cold Tofu; did you guys VOTE yet?) had a show tonight at the Maryknoll Catholic Center in Little Tokyo. It's part of our monthly improv shows we do there each year. After a great show by everyone, we all headed over to the Miyako hotel to go to their terrific little karaoke lounge and sing the night away! Literally till it closed! A great time time was had by everyone.

And for those of you reading this that were there,
great times!!! Here are a few photos from the vocal debauchery:




Wanru as Jack Sparrow - it is close to Halloween ;p


Steve and Helen singing some tunes



Rob and his freak spank posse!




Helen and me singing a duet
(Yes, I can SING! Just ask my mom!)

So all in all, it was a great time. It's always fun hanging out with creative and uninhibited people/friends. Too bad I wasn't able to video tape some of the goings-on. Had I done so, this blog would've gone from rated "G" to "R" just like that! Then again, that's what made for a good night.

Till next time (which will be soon), enjoy and be safe, and do leave a comment if you have anything to say, particularly if you are in these photos!


"Drink up me harties yo ho!"
(Come on, who doesn't want to be Jack Sparrow?!)


2 comments:

contrarymary said...

great photos Mike. That Wanru is so darn photogenic...even when playing a scalywag. WHen I woke up this morning I just thought...Oh no!(not Ono) Mike had his camera. Thanks for keeping them G rated..

Unknown said...

hahaha... yes, Mike has used much needed discretion. Thanks for the pics Mike. let's go again tonight!