Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another year older a week and half removed




As the subject heading reads, yes, once again, I have turned another year older. It's been about a week and half since that day, and I've been busy with stuff like house sitting, events, etc. So I finally get a chance to post some photos from the past week.

In this life, it's rare that you get to meet, let alone have a good friend who shares the same exact birthday with you. I am fortunate to have that in my buddy Johann pictured above. He and I are born on the exact month, day and year! We always joke around that we were seperated at birth. He's a great guy BTW for all you single ladies out there! Oh, the other single gal in the middle of Johann and I pictured above is my good friend Blythe. She's single too BTW. For our birthday, Johann and I decided to celebrate it with our friends at Saladang Thai in Pasadena. Great food, and great athmosphere. You should check it out. Birthdays and other events like it are terrific cause you get to spend it with those you love. Thanks to everyone that was there, and to those who wished a happy born day!

On the actual day of my birthday, I was honored to attend an awards dinner for a really good friend of ours, Rodney Kageyama.


He was being honored by the Asian Pacific Rehabilitation Center for all his volunteer work with their organization. They are an organization that helps physically and mentally challenged people with services and needs. Rodney donates a lot of his time to worthy causes like this, and he's one of the few people who, when he asks for a favor, I will definitely jump on board to help. Plus, he's a great all around guy nonetheless!!! And who else would be fitting to MC that night for Rodney, but our friend Tamlyn Tomita, who as you can see here, is dressed as "Sandy" from "Grease" cause the theme of the evening was "The 50's", so everyone had to come dressed up as such. I didn't have that kind of shirt, but I did wear something reminiscent. Here's a photo of Helen and I with the lovely Ms. T.





The next day was a holiday for me, Columbus day, and I was able to spend it with my family for a "real" birthday outing. So we decided to go to Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake. Great times!




I was house sitting for a friend of mine the whole week, and had access to his car:



His is the most expensive car I've ever driven, and to be honest, it drives like a dream! Then again, at $110,000 it had better! The down side of it all was the $63.00 full tank gas bill I got when I filled it up the day before he got back from his trip. Ah well, the price of performance. But hey, I sure did look good in it! ha ha ha!!!

Lastly, this past weekend we went to the Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena for an exhibit they had there, and had lunch at a place called Pie and burger. But the building next to it had this sign up:



Am I the only one slightly offended by this?!!! I know, it's a salon and all, but still! OK, I'm off my soap box now. I did think it was funny, hence the photo.

Alrightee then. Thanks for reading, and sharing this moment with me. More to come soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

damn that bitch is gorgeous. ;)