Saturday, November 10, 2007

Final "Aloha" blog entry

Well, as the subject heading reads, the vacation is over and I’m already back in L.A. It was so nice to be back in the islands after two long years away, and even though it rained our first two days there, and although it was only for a week, I once again realize why I love Hawaii so much. It’s everything I can think of. All my trips there have always been with people I love and adore, mostly my family, and what makes these trips so awesome is the fact that we are able to spend time with oneanother, away from the daily grind that is our lives in L.A. You’re able to relax, and literally not think about the stuff you “have to do”, but stuff that you “want to do”. For me it was just being there that was so rewarding and memorable. For this trip, to once again travel with my Mom and Grandmother, cousin and nephew, to do nothing but shop, eat, and sightsee. To go to places that we’ve been to before but never get enough of. Each time we go, one week is never enough as the allure of “aloha” keeps us wanting to go back for more, and soon.

Things I’ll take away from this trip:

- Some of the best photography I’ve done in Hawaii to date

- Leonard’s Malasadas

- Zippy’s as usual

- The Rain! And lots of it.

- Going to the Aquarium for the first time ever

- Surfing at the “Wall” after almost a decade

- Visiting Alice and the kids, and my friend Eve

- As with every trip, all the great new t-shirts from HIC, T&C, and of course swap meet

- Visiting Auntie Enang

- That the Waikiki Banyan sucks (despite this being my 3rd time there!)

- Getting a little bit sunburned on my forehead!

- Driving by a surf competition on the North Shore – finally!

- The Ocean. Always, the Ocean. The water is what I’ll always miss.

There are more memories that I’m certain I’m forgetting, but as of this writing, these are the things that come to mind. I’ll always have the photos to look back upon, and the thought that I was able to share them with you all.

For those of you who have followed me on this week long vacation, thank you. It was great sharing our daily outings with everyone.

So enjoy these photos from yesterday, and some from other days as well. Thanks again for reading and following along with me.

Until next time, Aloha and Mahalo.





Clown Fish at the Waikiki Aquarium



The "L & L" we ate at in Haleiwa, North Shore



The Kualoa mountain range where they film "Lost" presently



President Clinton once visited this little mini-market in 1996



The Haleiwa sign at the North Shore




Can you believe that this is a McDonald's?! Cool!


My mom and grandma at the Dole Plantation



Helen's new nephew Bryce - what a cutie!



Finally, what Hawaii is all about:
The Aloha spirit :)

No comments: