Friday, November 9, 2007

Day Five's Photos

Today we were able to venture out of town for a bit as we drove off towards the windward side of Oahu. To think that that side of the island has its own weather system compared to the Waikiki side is awesome! It was pretty sunny and balmy as we left town, but once we got over the mountain range, it got gloomy and rainy at times. But with this wetter climate on that side of the island comes lush green landscapes and fauna. It was pretty cool. We made it all the way to this one macademia nut farm my mom wanted to go to before heading back into Waikiki. On the way, we stopped by Sandy Beach and the adjacent blow hole overlook. Here are a few photos from today. Enjoy!



I went to the beach again this morning, but this time armed with my big camera to take this shot





Even the Burger Kings here have their own island style!





I had lunch with my pal Eve previously from the mainland at a local spot called "Ono Hawaiian Food"




On the walls are photos of VIPs, etc., and look who I found on the wall near our table!
(Hint: She is that gorgeous gal in the middle)





Here's the "wait" sign outside the restaurant - "No Get Mad!"



Next stop - Sandy Beach and the Blow Hole!
(My cousin Rondee, Connor and my mom)





Here's the four of them watching the water spout through the holes in the rock face





In 1996 when President Clinton was still in office, he visited this little McDonald's in Waimanalo that we happen to stop by at. There was this article about the visit on the wall complete with photos, and when my mom read it, she wanted to have her photo taken the same way Pres. Clinton did. Is it a match or what?!





Flower lei on a truck at the macademia nut farm we visited.





This and the lei above are all what Hawaii is about.

I do have more photos to post, but it was getting late here in paradise. I have one more full day here, and tomorrow is going to be packed with activities again so I have to get some sleep! Hope you all enjoyed the photos :)

Aloha and Mahalo!

No comments: