Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What A Weekend!

As the title says, what a weekend! It was a long weekend, and a record scorcher at that! We're talking temperatures of 100+! Thankfully though, we spent some of it at Disneyland cause I took part in the second annual Disneyland Half Marathon (I also did last year's event also). Boy was it hot!

As always, I brought my camera, and even managed to snap a few photos before and well after the race. This one was taken after I had picked up my race number and long- sleeved dry-fit tee (what the?!)

Needless to say, the race itself was HOT HOT HOT! So much so that sadly I wasn't able to clock in at my projected time, but I was still able to better my last year's time. When the race started, it was 82 degrees! By the time I finished, 1:57:36 later, it was already upwards of 95 degrees! Sucked! Really! Yet, for all my effort, I was able to get my second Disney Half Marathon Medal (I'll post a photo of it later). It's a rather large piece of bling if you ask me, and weighs as much as as a peach. (Like I really know how heavy a peach is). I didn't wear it around Disneyland that day cause it was too hot, but on Tuesday, you bet I wore that thing and proudly!

Although we were only about 20 miles from LA, being away from your normal daily grind was GREAT. It honestly felt like a vacation, a mini-one. There we were with tourists galore, just hanging out, wondering what to do. Ahh... aimless wandering. You should try it.

Later that night, we had dinner at the "Blue Bayou" restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. One of my favorite (albeit pricey) restaurants in the whole park. Then again, I've always loved N.O. square. It does bring you back to the real New Orleans, but without the perils of Katrina 3 years ago. Here's a photo I took, processed to look like vintage and old:


Heck, if I didn't tell you it was processed, you probably would have believed I found this in an antique store wouldn't you?

Lastly, I wanted to add what I did after finishing the race. According to my heart rate monitor, I burned 2600 calories during the race, so what else would you expect me to do but... EAT!


Well, that was but a snippet of my weekend. There were more happenings, but the whole Disney trip was by far the highlight. Hope you enjoyed the photos. I'll add more later when I get a chance. Have a great week!

No comments: