Friday, September 28, 2007

A variety of stuff from this past week


As my smiling face can attest, last sunday was a pretty cool day. Helen and I were asked to MC the LA 18 Harvest Moon festival again, after a year's hiatus. Over 30,000 people came to celebrate the day and visit the different booths available as well as watch the terrific entertainment that we helped to usher all day long on the mainstage (pictured above). Not only was this a great event, and a fun gig, we had some fantastic "helpers" in Jennifer and Emiko, both of whom work for LA 18. They helped us keep within the program and time constraints, and made sure that we were well taken care of. Without them, I'm' sure it would not have been as successful as it was. So kudos and thanks to these two.

Helen and I were also interviewed on LA 18's "Kababayan LA" by Janelle So, pictured below second from left. I forget who the anchor is next to Helen (far right) but I believe she does their weather forecasts in chinese.



You can view our interview here:

http://www.la18.tv/Video.aspx?vid=719bf602-d81b-4b61-b24d-fe12cdcfeed8

and here

http://www.la18.tv/Video.aspx?vid=716628d7-979f-4e67-a68c-c4c5a447f19d

There are 2 segments that we are featured in under "Cold Tofu 1" and "Cold Tofu 2".

Needless to say it was fun, and cool to have been a part of this whole Harvest Moon experience. LA 18 is great!

Tuesday found us at the Dodger game vs. the Rockies. Sadly the Dodgers lost, but it's always great to be at the stadium eating Dodger dogs, and taking in the athmosphere. Heck, I was even hoping to catch a foul ball (considering we were sitting 10 feet away from the 3rd base foul pole). Sadly, none ever came our way. Oh well. Below is a cheesy photo of me at the stadium:


Lastly, Cold Tofu and I were able to check out "Sondheim Unscripted" at Theater Theater. It was literally an all-star cast of the best improvisers in LA. Their shows run for another two Thursdays before they close, but if you are interested, check out their website:

http://www.improtheatre.com/section/shows/unscripted-repertory-co/

Here's a photo I took of the lobby headshots of the cast:


Alrightee then, that's but a few of the things I did this week. This weekend is supposed to also be busy, so I'm sure I'll be posting more soon. Till then, have a great end of the week!

No comments: