Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fast Wheeling!


(Denise, this one is for you.)

From the Tour of California. In the front of this peloton is the Astana team, and just off the back of this four man group is Levi Leipheimer, the eventual winner. Note the rain and the water spray off the backs of the wheels! Cool!

Here's a photo of one of the Astana riders. I'm not sure who it is, but it was taken right after the race finished. All the riders were headed back to their team buses to get out of their wet gear. Shoot, I wish I were able to do the same! I was drenched!


And for all the cycling ladies out there, here he is, out of retirement, the 40 year Italian sprinting god, Mario Cipollini, racing again with the Rock Racing Team. This guy is a rock star in the cycling world, even after having retired!


Also in attendance that day was Floyd Landis. For those of you who don't follow cycling, he was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title last year for alleged performance enhancing drugs. Oh well. Hey, but he still a guy who has "won" a TdF, so why not photograph him?



There are tons of other photos I took that day which include bikes (a whole lot of them), team cars, and other misc. stuff. Perhaps I'll post them in the future, but this last image sums it up for me:


Now if I can only get myself back out onto the roads...

Thanks for reading everyone! And if you can, go out and bike! It'll save gas, and get you fit! 'Nuff said!

No comments: