Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Marquee today, billboards tomorrow?

Last Friday night, my pals the 18MMW opened up their new show entitled "Just Like White People!" here in L.A. to a sold out opening night crowd on theater row. The sketches were hilarious, the laughs horrendous, and the acting, superb. Those guys did a fantastic job, and should you be in the L.A. area, definitely check their website for details on their show.

If you're wondering what the title means, well, I ask that you go and watch the show. If you're unable to, let me tell you that the 18MMW are an Asian-American Sketch Comedy group. You can deduce from there.

Nonetheless, I was quite honored and surprised to see on of my photos of them on the marquee outside the theater! It's the largest photo I've ever had enlarged, and it kinda brought a tear to my eye. Photos are just like children, you create them, you nurture them (via photoshop), you let them go, and they go on to live large lives somewhere, whether on a mantle, shelf, or perhaps on the outside of a small theater for the world to see. Ah, sigh...

(My apologies to all my readers who have children, as I do not. Plus, I'm pretty sure most kids never end up living on a mantle or shelf)

So here it is, my "baby", all growns up.


Sniff, sniff...

In closing, do check out the Warriors' website, and go and see their show. They're funny.

Oh, and in one more month, Cold Tofu will be back to their regularly scheduled shows in Little Tokyo as well! Check us out too!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike: We can give you one of the banners after the show is over if you like it so much!