Friday, June 20, 2008

Painted with light!

With the help of my improv comedy cohorts, I was able to experiment last night using the "painting with light" technique I learned when I was studying with the Bodhisattva in Nepal last year. (Okay, so I didn't study with the bodhisattva, but it sounded cool!). I did learn this technique at the Anti-Workshop I took earlier in the year with the awesome Boutwell's and John Michael Cooper. It's still something of a "work in progress" but I think we got some good stuff last night.

Thanks to the gang for putting up with me, and for being my human mannequins. Enjoy!



J-Lau, Rob-Cove, Hota, and Jul-Lee getting their "still" on!
Check out their eyes! I had them hold their positions for about 22 seconds!
Nice work guys!



I call this one "The many faces of John Lau" with special guest A-Tak.
Came out pretty cool!

Finally, I want to announce that I've been given the privilege to shoot Kevin and Tina's wedding in August! I am super excited for these guys and am honored to have been chosen by them. Can't wait guys! Congrats.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Nice! I'm still waiting for the right time to unveil the painting with light. I love that second one!

Anonymous said...

i wanna try, i wanna try! can i try it next thurs??