Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Elliiot Smith Wall

For years I have been driving by this wall located on Sunset Blvd. here in Silverlake, never thinking much of it, other than why was there so much graffiti on it? Plus, it was located on a wall for a speaker repair service shop (not that that matters).

It wasn't until my sister Sarah finally told me what the significance of the wall was. It was a wall used on an album cover by an indie-rocker by the name of Elliot Smith, who sadly committed suicide at the young age of 34. Since then, his fans have used that wall as a memorial to his memory and music. On it, they have written notes of admiration and thanks, and have even placed candles and flowers in front of it in his memory.

For the longest time, my sister has wanted me to photograph her in front of this wall, and we finally had the opportunity to. So here's the Elliot Smith wall, with my sister Sarah in front it. This one's for you sis!


This last shot was done right next to the wall in front of some brush.
I just like it.


No comments: