Friday, April 11, 2008

I must admit that for the most part, you'll seldomly see any photos of me on this site. It's not really by choice per say, but after a lifetime of performing and acting, and being the "center" of attention, I really don't have to see myself on my own blog every entry (with the exception of the blog header photo of course, and that's only so people can put a face on to my random scribblings here!).

I bring this point up because whenever I visit other photographers' sites, they too don't really "show" themselves, but rather the wonderful photos of their clients, families, friends, etc. Sure, they may have a shot here and there, but for the most part, we don't see them.

Well, last night, during my improv group's regular thursday night workshop, we had the wonderful Tracy Burns teaching us some of her super-secret, high-tech, I'd tell-you-but-would-have-to-kill-you stuff that I photographed. Now of course, I can't really show you all the photos, but here's one of yours truly in this highly classified teaching style!



Personally, I'm not really a big fan of this photo, but if kinda shows my Danny Kaye-esque posing style. Besides, gotta dig the Atari shirt!!!

Okay, now that I'm looking over this photo, I know why we photographers as a whole don't really post pictures of ourselves! Our job is to make YOU look terrific. (Besides, I get enough of face time in front of the mirror every morning - yikes!)

Alright, enough of me already! Anyhoo, tomorrow is a big day, for the wedding of Michelle and Rene is finally here! Hooray!!! I am very excited to shoot their big day, so much so that I did a reconaissance mission over to their wedding site yesterday, the Wayfarer's Chapel in Palos Verdes. Check out this photo:

This is the front entrant to the glass ceiling and walled chapel.
What a beautiful place to get married!

Okay gang, that's it for today. I have to get up early tomorrow morning at about 4:00am to photograph the big day. I'll definitely have some stuff up for you all on Sunday.

Have a great day!

No comments: