Tuesday, December 4, 2007

This should be frickin' cool!

Okay, I admit it, I'm a big Johnny Depp fan, but have only become one since "Edward Scissorhands" and not during his "21 Jump Street" days. I've always admired the roles that he has chosen to play. Avant guard, risky, and downright awesome. Naturally when I heard he was doing "Sweeney Todd", I found it interesting that they would choose him, but teamed up with Tim Burton, it has to be a hit! After watching the trailer (below), I am convinced it should be awesome!

Now, I say this after having watched the original Broadway production with Angela Lansbury (on DVD, I was too young when it initially opened), and the East West Players' version of it as well (TWICE!). Seeing this trailer is convincing me that this should be a great film, although probably not a blockbuster, unless you are in to stage musicals or perhaps Sondheim, as I am.

Enjoy the trailer, and let me know what you think.

Sweeney Todd Website and trailer links

No comments: