Monday, November 5, 2007

Paradise is returning!

Okay, as the days go by, the weather gets better, and today was just that, with of course, the occasional (and HEAVY) liquid sunshine that dares to visit the islands during tourist season (which is basically every day).

It did still put a bit of a damper on our activities today, but at least we were able to see the sun for a while in between down pours. Here's the shot from the balcony this morning. See the difference from yesterday? (The BW shot is from yesterday).




However, about an hour after I shot this photo, clouds came in and out, making the day spotty at best. Oh well.

After the morning realization that the weather wasn't going to stick, my mom, cousin and I decided to go out for a morning walk. For the first time this trip, I was finally able to see my favorite part of Hawaii, the beach:



When I was "younger", each time we would come to Hawaii, I would surf right off this point. It was cool cause my mom and grandama would walk to the end of this short pier to watch me and tell me that it was time to come in. Ah, the good 'ol days.



A shot from the edge of the pier towards the world famous Waikiki Beach, ah...



My mom next to the Duke Kahanomoku statue on Waiks.




Center Stage at Ala Moana Mall. Many "famous" celebrities have graced this stage.



And finally, the object of my gastrointestinal desires while in the islands, the Zippy's Mixed Plate (Chicken Katsu, Beef, Mac Salad, Zippy's Chili, and Rice)

More tomorrow! Till then, enjoy today :)

No comments: