Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Blue Hawaii



(This was taken yesterday by me, but since I don't have many photos up of myself, I figured I'd add one!)

Day three of the Hawaii trip began with a trip to the fruit stand located next to our hotel here. Turns out that a local Senior Citizen center has a weekly fruit stand they put up for the locals and tourists alike. Nothing fancy just the staples like bananas, mangos, and pineapples. It was all for their center to stay afloat for all their senior programs like line dancing classes, and get this, tap dancing! How cool is that!



After our visit to the fruit stand, our next stop was the Waikiki Aquarium. This was my first time visiting the Aquarium, and it was cool. It's a rather small place, but it does it job. It's literally right on the shore on Waikiki, so it's like having a museum about snow in the Antarctic, so that's why I think it's rather small. It had it's share of indigenous Hawaiian fishes including a Black Tipped Shark, which was cool, as well as two seals in their one outdoor tank. Here's a photo of a Seahorse and a tank window. Cool!




Oh, and here a few photos outside the Aquarium, kinda cool I think!



What's great about aquariums and museums, etc. is the learning that takes place. There were kids groups all over the place led by volunteer docents teaching them all about the different kinds of sea life. This next photo shows that anyone can be bewildered at learning about new things (it's also my favorite of the "Aquarium" set of shots):



My Mom and Grandma at an exhibit.




Here's a photo of the beautiful palm trees that surround the island.



Okay, so that's day three. Tomorrow, it's back to the swap meet and to the North Shore! Woo hoo!

A shout out goes out to my cousins Joe, Tod, and Alex, as we all once surfed the same break I did today - great times!

Aloha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the photo of your grandma next to the aquarium! It's great! :)