Friday, August 17, 2007

A Month Removed; Long Live the King



Okay, so it's been a solid month and half since my last entry, and sadly, my last entry was definitely a downer, but to update you all who have been reading this (all ONE of you), the house has since been cleared and the contractors are currently drawing up a blueprint to start the renovation. So whew!

I have been wanting to write something recently, and I had some time today, so I decided to pick up a photo from some stuff I've shot recently, particularly this Elvis shot. Since it is his birthday, I figure, what the heck.

Now, I'm not a diehard Elvis fan, although I do have his "Number 1's" album. But it's kinda neat that this one man, this one person has been idolized to such a level that almost the entire world imitates him. Think about it, who else do you know that people literally emulate right down to his side burns and Vegas jump suits? Who? I can't think of anyone in particular, but if you can, leave a comment - I implore you!

So, this picture was taken at Disneyland recently, and there was this performer, doing all these Elvis hits, and people were still going crazy! It was unbelievable! Decades after his death, here's someone he never met doing him, and still getting accolades for Elvis' work. Insanity I tell you! Nonetheless, it was a good time had by all in attendance. Interesting cultural phenomenon isn't it?

Okay, so that's my entry for now. I'm headed to one of two weddings in two weeks tomorrow, so perhaps I'll post something from that.

Woo hoo!!!

No comments: