Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Landlords of the Ocean


O
kay, now we all know that Sharks are by far the scariest thing to worry about while swimming in the ocean, second to drowning of course. And we all know that they RULE the seas, hence the name, Landlords of the Ocean.

As a long time triathlete, and ocean swimmer, I've been hearing too many of these stories lately, and this one made me want to share it with all of you. I've done numerous ocean races, and swims throughout my life, and I've even joked about not worrying about sharks when I'm out there with other swimmers (heck, if there's two of us, my chances of getting eaten are cut in half, if you think about it!). But it looks like Sharks are even more curious then before, and are probably looking for more variety by poking their noses in these large swim events! Yikes!

Will this stop me from doing ocean swim triathlons? Nah. I figure if it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I just hope it isn't from a "friendly" shark mistaking me for a turtle or seal. But then again, in a wetsuit and at the slow rate of speed I swim, I guess he'll think that I'm exactly what I look like - LUNCH!!!

Check it out!

No comments: